[parisc-linux] IBM 3151 on K200 in Debian 3.0

Walker White wmwhite@udallas.edu
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:47:41 -0500

Okay.  Almost done here.  That swap trick DID work.  It just did not
read the K200 manual to see that HP boots from the end of the SCSI
chain and not the beginning.  So everything is loaded and it boots.

However my boot crashes right after loading cron.  This is possibly a
result of the fact that some of my packages came from the debian CD and
not the netinstall.  Here is the error:

***
Starting periodic command scheduler: cron
/bin/sh: /dev/ttyB0: No such device
/bin/sh: /dev/ttyB0: No such device
/bin/sh: /dev/ttyB0: No such device
/bin/sh: /dev/ttyB0: No such device
/bin/sh: /dev/ttyB0: No such device
/bin/sh: /dev/ttyB0: No such device
/bin/sh: /dev/ttyB0: No such device
/bin/sh: /dev/ttyB0: No such device
/bin/sh: /dev/ttyB0: No such device
/bin/sh: /dev/ttyB0: No such device
INIT: Id "T0" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

The machine then sleeps for 5 minutes and repeats the error on wake-up
(so I never get a login).

Using the installation CD, I have opened a shell to verify that there
is indeed a /dev/ttyB0.  Is this error because I got packages from a
source other than the netinst CD or is there something else going on
here?

-Walker

| Walker White
  Assistant Professor  |