[parisc-linux] IBM 3151 on K200 in Debian 3.0

Walker White wmwhite@udallas.edu
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:31:33 -0500

256 MB of RAM (4 64 MB chips).  With 4 2GB SCSI drives.

I managed to get it to work by doing the following:

a) Do network install until reaching a download error.
b) Swap to the Debian CD.
c) Load from Debian CD until a perceptible hang.
d) Reboot machine and remount all drives.
e) Goto (a) and repeat until base install finished.

That seemed to work (just finised a few minutes ago), but now the
machine does not boot on restart.  I am currently trying to fish the
kernel off the netinstall CDs (I cannot find vmlinux32 anywhere) --
just in case the installed kernel is bad.

| Walker White
  Assistant Professor  |
| wmwhite@udallas.edu
Dept. of Mathematics  |