[parisc-linux] IBM 3151 on K200 in Debian 3.0

Thibaut VARÈNE varenet@esiee.fr
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:21:14 +0200

Le vendredi, 10 oct 2003, à 18:35 Europe/Paris, Walker White a écrit :

> However, now I have another issue caused(?) by the netinstall CD.
> Whenever I try to install via ftp or http I get an "cannot download" =

> error on files midway through the base installation process.  For the =

> longest time it was apt_0.5.4_.  I tried every mirror in reasonable
> proximity.  No luck.
>
> Finally, I switched to CD install and used the Debian CD (the one that =

> will not boot to the console).  This works, but then it hangs on
> bsd_utils.  For hours.  I eventually gave up and rebooted.  And I
> cannot seem to download this file either.
>
> Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

How much RAM does your box have?
I have already seen that kind of trouble with boxes shipped with less
than 64MB RAM...

It's also possible that these 2.4.22 ISOs are somehow corrupted, but
considering the ratio of downloads vs complaints, it seems quite
unlikely (or so I hope).
Obviously we can't test all these ISOs as we're building them...

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/=