[parisc-linux] IBM 3151 on K200 in Debian 3.0

Walker White wmwhite@udallas.edu
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:35:32 -0500

On Friday, October 10, 2003, at 04:13 AM, Thibaut VAR=C8NE wrote:

> Looks like you've been rather unlucky with your search :-P
> <snip>

Read all those and others.  Other e-mails in that thread referenced =20
seemed to imply that this change had been incorporated into all install =20=

images (as there are no PDC suffixes any more).  So I (incorrectly) =20
assumed that the latest Debian images had this fix.  Debian 3.0 is =20
newer than the 2001 thread that first found this console issue (the =20
2002 thread referenced does not mention the console issue explicitly).

I was wrong; this problem was fixed when I got the PARISC images =20
instead.  But this really should be a line item in the FAQ...

However, now I have another issue caused(?) by the netinstall CD.  =20
Whenever I try to install via ftp or http I get an "cannot download" =20
error on files midway through the base installation process.  For the =20=

longest time it was apt_0.5.4_.  I tried every mirror in reasonable =20
proximity.  No luck.

Finally, I switched to CD install and used the Debian CD (the one that =20=

will not boot to the console).  This works, but then it hangs on =20
bsd_utils.  For hours.  I eventually gave up and rebooted.  And I =20
cannot seem to download this file either.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

-Walker

| Walker White                                                          =20=

  Assistant Professor  |
| wmwhite@udallas.edu                                                   =20=

Dept. of Mathematics  |
| 972 -721-5380                                                         =20=

University of Dallas  |