[parisc-linux] A3591B (Tachyon) FC Card

Joel Soete soete.joel@tiscali.be
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:16:08 +0200

>I'm trying to figure out whether it would be a good idea to use some of
>the existing code in the cpqfcTS* driver (similar to the way that the
>zalon7xx scsi host template calls code in the ncr53c8xx driver).
>However, the cpqfcTS* code is quite a beast, perhaps writing the driver
>from scratch would be better?  (Googling the list archives shows that
>I'm not the only one intimidated(?) by the compaq code :)

Hi,

Because I would also like to test Tachyon based FC card on a N, I had the
opportunity to discuss by email with the maintainer of this code (iirc on
sf.net). He recognised himself that it would have to re-writte but have no
time to do :(

For my part, I didn't find much more doc on this cards and so abandon the
idea to write this code (I am also a beginner in this field).
I can just wish you better success :)

Joel

L'Internet rapide, c'est pour tout le monde. Tiscali ADSL, 19,50 Euro
pendant 3 mois! http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr