[parisc-linux] A3591B (Tachyon) FC Card

Padgett, Pat M [NTWK SVCS] PatPadgett@NMCC.SprintSpectrum.com
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:28:31 -0500

I am interested in making this card work.  If anyone else is, I would
certainly appreciate some help!  :)

I'm trying to figure out whether it would be a good idea to use some of
the existing code in the cpqfcTS* driver (similar to the way that the
zalon7xx scsi host template calls code in the ncr53c8xx driver).
However, the cpqfcTS* code is quite a beast, perhaps writing the driver
from scratch would be better?  (Googling the list archives shows that
I'm not the only one intimidated(?) by the compaq code :)

I haven't been able to find ANY documentation on this particular card
(not counting the installation manual).  Does anyone else have docs for
this card or the Tachyon(?) chipset it uses??

I guess the icing on the cake is the fact that I don't have ANY
experience writing device drivers.  However, I was able to find an old
article by Alan Cox on how to write a simple scsi driver that has been
very helpful.  I'd appreciate any references to other docs that may be
helpful to a neophyte like myself (specifically, anything that may
explain the parisc-linux specific interfaces register_parisc_driver(),
and the GSC interfaces).

Thank you,

Pat Padgett