[parisc-linux] A3591B (Tachyon) FC Card

Alan Cox alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Wed, 08 Oct 2003 22:38:17 +0100

On Mer, 2003-10-08 at 15:28, Padgett, Pat M [NTWK SVCS] wrote:
> I haven't been able to find ANY documentation on this particular card
> (not counting the installation manual).  Does anyone else have docs for
> this card or the Tachyon(?) chipset it uses??

If I remember rightly tachyon is one of the FC chipsets where you have
to implement a *lot* of higher level FC handling yourself. As to using
the compaqfc code I wish you luck, but if you do clean it up so it is
understandable and sumbit the cleanups that will in itself be a good
deed for the year 8)

> I guess the icing on the cake is the fact that I don't have ANY
> experience writing device drivers.

FC is not the place to start. The specifications are complex, frequently
bear no relation to the real world and you have a lot more to handle
than the scsi layer itself will look after.