[parisc-linux] C110 builtin nic slow?

M. Grabert xam@cs.ucc.ie
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:31:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Grant Grundler wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 01:31:45PM +0100, Joel Soete wrote:
> > ie a Lasi_82596 (as Matthew mentioned in a previous mail).
>
> yeah - that's not going to perform as well as tulip.
> And 10-Half is going to be substantially slower.
> Sounds like it has a bug in the negotiation.

Very likely!

My C200 is also very picky whether to enable 100MBit or not.
I'm using a no-name 100MBit-Switch, and it works fine for all
5 other PCs in my house).

I was not able to force 100MBit by changing the settings in the
PDC, but the following DID work:

> mii-tool -A 100baseTx,10baseT eth0

On my C3000 I don't have these problems.

Take a look in the mailing-list archive (about a year ago I guess and
later I found it also here: http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/hp_unix.html).

Note that this is a problem with the C2x0, but I guess it might be
also true for the entire Cxxx series.

Max