[parisc-linux] C110 builtin nic slow?

Joel Soete soete.joel@tiscali.be
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:45:56 +0000

Hi Max,

M. Grabert wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Grant Grundler wrote:
>

>>On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 01:31:45PM +0100, Joel Soete wrote:
>>
>>>ie a Lasi_82596 (as Matthew mentioned in a previous mail).
>>
>>yeah - that's not going to perform as well as tulip.
>>And 10-Half is going to be substantially slower.
>>Sounds like it has a bug in the negotiation.
>

> Very likely!
>
> My C200 is also very picky whether to enable 100MBit or not.
> I'm using a no-name 100MBit-Switch, and it works fine for all
> 5 other PCs in my house).
>
> I was not able to force 100MBit by changing the settings in the
> PDC, but the following DID work:
>

>>mii-tool -A 100baseTx,10baseT eth0

Ah interesting:
on my pc,
  # mii-tool
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not supported
eth1: 10 Mbit, half duplex, no link

and eth1 is the nic I use to connect my c110 :) (don't see what no link
means but that is the right setup that I need with c110)

otc on the c110:
# mii-tool
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not supported
no MII interfaces found
:(

Thx a lot,
	Joel