[parisc-linux] Oops on 2.4.20-pa33

Andrew Shugg andrew@neep.com.au
Fri, 9 May 2003 10:37:47 +0800

Jan-Benedict Glaw said:
> Thanks. This reminds me that I'd still *love* to see the CVS repository
> rsync'able. That'd really help me. However, it's at least nice to be
> basically able to rsync the checked-out source trees.
>
> Any chances for a rsync for the CVS repo?
>
> MfG, JBG

I'm not sure why you'd want to be able to rsync the entire repository,
unless you want to be able to track multiple branches of a module
without having to have a full checkout of each one?  That would make
more sense I guess, if you live in a world where the Internet is slow
and bandwidth is not free (I live there too, small world!).

There is already an rsync server running on ftp.parisc-linux.org, but I
don't believe it's widely advertised.

I just ran an 'rsync -va ftp.parisc-linux.org.au::pub' (the only rsync
'module' available) and the output was 14M!  Presumably this caused a
fair bit of thrashing at f.p-l.o's end as well ...

If you'd like to see what's available by rsync, I've compressed that
listing and uploaded it here.

ftp://ftp.neep.com.au/pub/parisc-linux/ftp.parisc-linux.org-rsync.txt.bz2

I'll have a trundle through it myself today, to see if I can write a
helpful motd for rsyncd and suggest how the ::pub module can be split up
into more useful bits.  (Bame, may I assume that you're still nominally
in charge of the rsyncd server?)

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."