[parisc-linux] Oops on 2.4.20-pa33

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de
Sat, 10 May 2003 00:04:16 +0200

--IuxWNXB0+C4YKz9o

On Fri, 2003-05-09 10:37:47 +0800, Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>
wrote in message <20030509103745.H20047@neep.com.au>:
> Jan-Benedict Glaw said:
> > Thanks. This reminds me that I'd still *love* to see the CVS repository
> > rsync'able. That'd really help me. However, it's at least nice to be
> > basically able to rsync the checked-out source trees.
> >=20
> > Any chances for a rsync for the CVS repo?
> >=20
> > MfG, JBG
>=20
> I'm not sure why you'd want to be able to rsync the entire repository,
> unless you want to be able to track multiple branches of a module
> without having to have a full checkout of each one?  That would make
> more sense I guess, if you live in a world where the Internet is slow
> and bandwidth is not free (I live there too, small world!).

It's even good for looking at older revisions of files without being
online.

> There is already an rsync server running on ftp.parisc-linux.org, but I
> don't believe it's widely advertised.

I do already use it.

> I'll have a trundle through it myself today, to see if I can write a
> helpful motd for rsyncd and suggest how the ::pub module can be split up
> into more useful bits.  (Bame, may I assume that you're still nominally
> in charge of the rsyncd server?)

The "pub" module is nice as it is just right now, but I'd love to see
the CVS repository directory (/var/cvs ?) also there:)

MfG, JBG

--=20
    fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier B=FCrger" | im Internet! |   im Ira=
k!
      ret =3D do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));

--IuxWNXB0+C4YKz9o

--IuxWNXB0+C4YKz9o--