[parisc-linux] Re: Out of memory problem

Thibaut VARENE varenet@esiee.fr
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:34:57 +0100

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:05:02 -0700
grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com (Grant Grundler) wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 09:22:01AM +0100, Markus Schaber wrote:
> > I don't want to use the machine for serious work, it's just as a proof

> Offhand I don't know where to find a relatively current parisc NFS Root.
> You could try to copy the contents of the install CD to a local
> directory on an NFS server, hack that up a bit, and export the result.
I think that if you have a debian box handy, there's a far more simple way
to create a root tree ready to export via NFS:

# debootstrap --arch=hppa <release> <export_folder> <debian_mirror>

the --arch switch is only necessary when preparing a root for another arch
than the native one.

for me it was:

# debootstrap --arch=hppa woody foo_root/ http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian

HTH,