[parisc-linux] Re: Out of memory problem

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:05:02 -0700

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 09:22:01AM +0100, Markus Schaber wrote:
> I don't want to use the machine for serious work, it's just as a proof
> of concept.
>
> Maybe I'll see whether I can upgrade the machine with more memory...

that would be a good idea - even for proof of concept.

> > See www.parisc-linux.org.
>
> I was there and didn't find a pre-build net-boot image that uses NFS
> root (you see, I wanted to avoid the need of an cross-compile
> environment), but I'll try again next week (I'm away over the weekend).

The Net install ISOs are what you want. See
	http://www.parisc-linux.org/software/install.html

Using is NFS Root is not parisc specific - see debian.org for documentation.
There's also nfsroot.txt with every kernel source tree:
	http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/linux/Documentation/nfsroot.txt?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Offhand I don't know where to find a relatively current parisc NFS Root.
You could try to copy the contents of the install CD to a local directory
on an NFS server, hack that up a bit, and export the result.

grant