[parisc-linux] Getting XF86 to run on a C-180 box

Rod Smart snaketails@optusnet.com.au
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:57:55 +0000

    Hello.

    I have a C-180 Visualize RISC system with a (GSC) "A4070" video card
with a "A4747" daughter card.

    The system is happily running with Gentoo Linux, and the swap space
hasn't even been touched...

    I would like to get this thing into doing something more than
heating my bedroom, so I am wondering if anyone has a XF86Config file
that I could get the video driver settings for the above card configuration.

    I have tried "fbdev" but even at Depth=8 I have not been able to get
xfree running.

    I searched through the old mail archives but I couldn't find much
more than the "fbdev" setup.

    When I do the  command line from one of the mail list messages i get
the following.

vorlon portage # dmesg | grep stifb
fb0: stifb 1280x1024-32 frame buffer device, id: 2bcb015a, mmio: 0xf8100000
fb1: stifb 1280x1024-8 frame buffer device, id: 2d08c0a7, mmio: 0xfa100000

    I'm not sure what this means, but I think the "-8" and the "-32" is
the depth.

    The system RAM is fully populated with 768Megs

    If you require any more information, please just ask ;o)