[parisc-linux] Problems with Woody on 710.

Thibaut VARENE varenet@esiee.fr
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:03:14 +0100

On 26 Jan 2003 16:44:40 +0100
"Buffalo Bill" <buffalo@gediegos.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after searching the mailing list I've found some messages which
> reported success in installing Woody on a 710. So I tried to install
> it. After trying many many different lifimages, all ended up in the
> same result: It hung during installation ( while mounting the root
> file system ). Switching to another console ( which still worked )
> showed me that/sbin/dbootstrap and [scsi_eh_0] were both in state D.
If you can switch to another console then the system _isn't_ hung.

I saw the same kind of problem on boxes with low amount of RAM (<32M).
Though the fact that [scsi_eh_0] is in D state isn't good at all. Maybe
you have a problem with your SCSI chain (hard disk, termination
problem...?)

> What did I do wrong ? Or to put it other words: How did you guys get
> your 710s up'n'running ?
The 710 we have running here runs a preinstalled filesystem. That is to
say, the HD was prepared in another box and then plugged back into the
710.

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/