[parisc-linux] Re: [parisc-linux-cvs] linux-2.5 jejb

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:57:53 -0500

> CVSROOT:	/var/cvs
> Module name:	linux-2.5
> Changes by:	jejb	03/02/16 11:10:21
>
> Modified files:
> 	arch/parisc/kernel: signal.c sys32.h
> 	include/asm-parisc: signal.h
>
> Log message:
> More signal change fixes

Thanks for all the great work James!

Just to comment on this, we have incorrect sigcontext's from 64-bit kernels.
If you look at the usage of "HACK" you'll see that the 32-bit userspace
gets some rather unusable 64-bit values in the sigcontext. I'm not sure how
other arches fix this? Cut off the top 32 bits?

This item is on my personal todo list, but I haven't talked to anyone who has
suggested a solution. I'm just a lowly GNU/Libc hacker, but if you suggest
something I _will_ write it.

c.