[parisc-linux] kernel compile

Aaron St. Pierre asp@ungod.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:59:36 -0500

Joel,
	I figured so, but thought I should note it since well I am running
	out of answers ;)

	Here is the setup right now: I have a laptop running minicom
	connected to the J2240 through the serial port. I can see the init
	codes and tests happening through the serial console, so to answer
	your question :) yes I do boot from a serial console...

	As far as the cdrom, it is not ide, it is scsi, and it seems to work
	fine /dev/cdrom --> sr0. I inserted a cdrom (just to test) and
	mounted iso9660 without problems.

	I am going to remove ide stuff from the kernel after I test with
	what grant suggested.

	Just for the sake of documentation I will add compile logs as script
	files for the next builds. They will be on that page as I complete
	them.

	Fun day of pancake making ahead :)

--
Aaron St. Pierre			tel: 978.828.6177