[parisc-linux] Re: Apollo 9000 power problem

Alexander Gabert pappy@nikita.ath.cx
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:21:48 +0200

hi,

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 12:04:12PM +0200, E. Pavletic wrote:
> Hi Alex,

nice to meet you :-)

> I've got an apollo 9000 series 735/90 and now I'm experiencing a problem
> like yours: when I try to switch the power on, the leds flash up for a
> part of a second and then it's dead again.
> I have no idea what's the matter.

when it starts blinking for less than a second, try pushing the button
again and again and keeping it in the middle of being pushed.
this way you shortcircuit the logic but do not turn it off again!

> I've looked on the Internet, but there I've found discordant opinions:
> someone says that the problem is in the power supply, others (like you)
> that it is in the power switch instead.

the power switch was not the problem.
the power suply has gone bad.
a new costs around 150 euro :-(

> Would you be so kind as to tell me how you resolved the problem and
> what's the real reason of this failure, if you know it?

as said, the power supply has gone bad and i did not find a way other
than replacing it...
www.gall.de

> Thanks
> enzo

HTH,

Alex

--
A long-forgotten loved one will appear soon.

Buy the negatives at any price.