[parisc-linux] How to install X on 715/50 -- problem with twm

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:22:37 -0600

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 10:05:33AM +0100, Richard Hirst wrote:
> Well, it's twm that has the problem, not XFree86.  Maybe we don't use
> twm.

that's right. I use fvwm2 instead. A bit harder to configure but all
my parisc boxes have enough mem to handle workspaces.

> Looks like menu is indeed not in woody, but is in sarge and sid;
> iirc it is a c++ program that we used to have trouble building.

correct. For parisc, my preference is to run "sarge" since so much
stuff has been fixed since woody released.

hth,
grant