[parisc-linux] Presicionbook keyboard under console

Stan Sieler sieler@allegro.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:38:34 -0700 (PDT)

Re:

> I tried to figure out why some keys on my Presicionbook are messed up
> when using the console (it works on X). As it turns out, 'showkey -k'
> shows the 'keycode 86' for the following keys:
> PS: I still have the problem that X currently just works when I use the
> external monitor; using the internal LCD it boots fine, but doesn't show
> anything ...

I can suggest a $400 solution:
   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2726642700&category=177
...another PrecisionBook.

I've found no keyboard problems like you describe on mine,
and X works just fine with the internal LCD screen (haven't tried an
external monitor).

On your keyboard problem...plug in an external keyboard and see if the
problem exists with it, too.  Either way, that should localize the problem
somewhat.

--
Stan Sieler                                           sieler@allegro.com
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html                  www.sieler.com