[parisc-linux] Presicionbook keyboard under console

M. Grabert xam@cs.ucc.ie
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:42:08 +0100 (IST)

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Stan Sieler wrote:

> Re:
>
> > I tried to figure out why some keys on my Presicionbook are messed up
> > when using the console (it works on X). As it turns out, 'showkey -k'
> > shows the 'keycode 86' for the following keys:
> > PS: I still have the problem that X currently just works when I use the
> > external monitor; using the internal LCD it boots fine, but doesn't show
> > anything ...
>
> I can suggest a $400 solution:
>    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2726642700&category=177
> ...another PrecisionBook.
>
> I've found no keyboard problems like you describe on mine,
> and X works just fine with the internal LCD screen (haven't tried an
> external monitor).

Well, the internal LCD works, until it switches to stifb.
The keyboard works under X perfectly aswell. It's just the console ...

> On your keyboard problem...plug in an external keyboard and see if the
> problem exists with it, too.  Either way, that should localize the problem
> somewhat.

Yes, an external keyboard works fine ...

May I ask what your kernel & .config is and what firmware you have on
the Precisionbook?

Thanks, Max