[parisc-linux] Presicionbook keyboard under console

M. Grabert xam@cs.ucc.ie
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:50:11 +0100 (IST)

Hi,

I tried to figure out why some keys on my Presicionbook are messed up
when using the console (it works on X). As it turns out, 'showkey -k'
shows the 'keycode 86' for the following keys:

ESC, F2 .. F12, Ins, Del, AltL, AltR, MetaL, MetaR, | and \ (same key),
Scroll lock, PgDn, PgUp, Home, PrSc, Pause, End and the four arrow keys.

Since they all share the keycode 86, and obviously this keycode is
assigned to '\', all the above mentioned keys produce '\' as an output.

showkey -s produces the following output for all the above mentioned keys:
pressing key: 0x7f release: 0xff

Any clue what might be wrong?

Thanks, Max

PS: I still have the problem that X currently just works when I use the
external monitor; using the internal LCD it boots fine, but doesn't show
anything ...