[parisc-linux] parisc-linux.org kernel

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 18:08:39 +0100

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 07:06:12PM +0200, Alexander Gabert wrote:
> i am asking because of www.grsecurity.net
>
> i am tired defeating hunks they are putting in because they
> work in arch/parisc on the vanilla kernel.org kernel.
>
> can't you talk to them and convince them to use "our" parisc-linux image
> for the grsecurity parisc patches in the future?

perhaps you should talk to them.  tell them to work against the patches
in http://www.kernel.org/linux/kernel/ports/parisc/v2.4/

> if it would only be a matter of months when both kernels merge, it would
> not be necessary.
> but i don`t want to spend my time messing with patches when i can do
> better things ...

bits and pieces are being merged from the parisc tree into marcelo's tree,
but it's just not worth fighting to get this stuff merged.  we're mostly
merged for 2.5 and i'd rather spend my time working on that.