[parisc-linux] glibc 2.3.1 - It's alive! - patches

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 20:32:20 -0500 (EST)

> In case anyone's wondering, the architecture specifies 32-bit, 64-bit and
> 128-bit floating point registers as being available.  My understanding is
> that no processor has actually implemented the 128-bit floating point ops
> (except maybe load and store) and they always trap to the FP emulation
> code (which we copied from HPUX).

Paul Bame was working on getting HP to release their long double library
code.  I haven't heard what the status is.  If he gets the code, then it
should be relatively straight forward to integrate into libgcc and use
the same code as for hpux.  Can glibc handle 128-bit long doubles as
that's the size long doubles will be if we get the code?

There are two tests in the libstdc++-v3 suite that fail because of this.
However, there can't be much in the way of real world code that actually
uses long doubles.

Dave