[parisc-linux] glibc 2.3.1 - It's alive! - patches

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 20:49:35 -0500

> Paul Bame was working on getting HP to release their long double library
> code.  I haven't heard what the status is.  If he gets the code, then it
> should be relatively straight forward to integrate into libgcc and use
> the same code as for hpux.  Can glibc handle 128-bit long doubles as
> that's the size long doubles will be if we get the code?
>
> There are two tests in the libstdc++-v3 suite that fail because of this.
> However, there can't be much in the way of real world code that actually
> uses long doubles.

It looks we have the framework. The glibc tree has sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-128
which looks to be used by hppa and sparc64. The code was last touched by
Jakub Jelinek in 2002-09-09 (cleaning up some cruft). ldlb-128 does get
parsed as one of the generic-dirs in Make-dist. For all intents and
purposes we have soft-emulated support :)

c.