[parisc-linux] Mozilla and Galeon

James S James S <smithjames@comcast.net>
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 20:59:39 -0500

>today I found out that Mozilla and Galeon are now availlable for Debian
HPPA.
>So I downloaded and installed these Packages but both programms hang up
>with a Segmentation Fault.
>
>Mozilla before there is something to see and Galeon after you can see the
>Main Window before showing the start page.
>
>Does anyone have the same problems?
>
>I have a HP 712/60.
>I know Mozilla will not work very good on these machine but I wan't to try
>it because there are no real browser alternatives.
>Lynx is just textbased and dillo is to simple.

exactly the same problems on the same machine type here, but i think that
these problems will mostly be ironed out the more mature the distro becomes

btw - the kde browser konqueror works, but it is rather slow on these
machines

it'll be interesting to see how dillo developes - i think that'll be the
best bet speed wise on the 712/60's

James S