[parisc-linux] sys/io.h

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:29:50 +0100

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 12:18:31PM -0400, Jes Sorensen wrote:
> You really should support it similar to what we do on
> ia64. Ie. there's a Linux API here that allows you to map 'I/O' ports
> and access them. Basing the code on what's in the ia64 glibc tree
> would make it quite easy to get it up and running.

Um, we can't.  To do a port space access on Dino is:

acquire spin lock
write address to register
perform read or write access to a different register
release spin lock

i do hope you're not about to suggest emulating the proposed interface
by unmapping an address range and handling this in the fault handler