[parisc-linux] sys/io.h

Jes Sorensen jes@trained-monkey.org
25 Jun 2002 12:18:31 -0400

>> I'm trying to build tulip-diag.c from scyld.com and am getting the
>> following error msg: gsyprf11:~# gcc -O tulip-diag.c -o tulip-diag
>> tulip-diag.c:58:20: sys/io.h: No such file or directory
>> tulip-diag.c:1347:24: warning: multi-line string literals are
>> deprecated
>>
>> On ia64, sys/io.h comes from gsyprf3:~# dpkg -S sys/io.h
>> libc6.1-dev: /usr/include/sys/io.h
>>
>> But we don't have the equivalent for parisc (hppa).  Ideas?

Randolph> ISTR this has to do with the fact that we do not want
Randolph> to/cannot expose the {in,out}[bwl] primitives to
Randolph> userspace. Is the tulip-diag program trying to write to port
Randolph> space directly?

You really should support it similar to what we do on
ia64. Ie. there's a Linux API here that allows you to map 'I/O' ports
and access them. Basing the code on what's in the ia64 glibc tree
would make it quite easy to get it up and running.

Jes