[parisc-linux] sys/io.h

Jes Sorensen jes@trained-monkey.org
25 Jun 2002 14:43:14 -0400

>>>>> "Matthew" == Matthew Wilcox <willy@debian.org> writes:

Matthew> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 12:18:31PM -0400, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>> You really should support it similar to what we do on
>> ia64. Ie. there's a Linux API here that allows you to map 'I/O'
>> ports and access them. Basing the code on what's in the ia64 glibc
>> tree would make it quite easy to get it up and running.

Matthew> Um, we can't.  To do a port space access on Dino is:

Matthew> acquire spin lock write address to register perform read or
Matthew> write access to a different register release spin lock

Matthew> i do hope you're not about to suggest emulating the proposed
Matthew> interface by unmapping an address range and handling this in
Matthew> the fault handler

Well then make it a syscall and do it in the kernel - yes it's not
pretty but if the architecture requires it then thats the way to get
around it.

Jes