[parisc-linux] kdb_v21 branch updated to -pa26, and kallsyms cross-compile

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:44:40 -0400

> > The _interesting_ thing would be to diff the System.map's
> > for kdb-on vs. kdb-off to see is anything is explicitly being
> > removed.
>
> My guess was the the scsi __init functions were not getting called for some
> reason, I have the System.map files for both builds but they both look OK (not
> that I ful understand the kernel __init system though)

Yeah, I've run through the kdb and non-kdb builds and everything
is okay.

I think there are two maybe three places where kdb initializes
certain structures during startup. I'm going to have to check
those paths to see how far it gets before dying.

Any comments from the crowd would be helpfull :)

/me goes off to add some printk's and extra checks
c.