[parisc-linux] kdb_v21 branch updated to -pa26, and kallsyms cross-compile

Patrick Caulfield patrick@tykepenguin.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 12:55:47 +0100

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 08:54:19AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell Jr. wrote:

> > Yes, exactly the same results. There's some thing different about the
> > binary vmlinux thatmay, or may not, be relevant. The kdb one seems to
> > have fewer segments than a non-kdb one:
> >

> Yes. Something is broke.
>
> I just recently cleaned up my src trees and rebuilt a
> kdb enabled kernel and I get the same result on my 712/60.

I'm glad it's not just me :-)

> /me puts thinking cap on...
>
> The _interesting_ thing would be to diff the System.map's
> for kdb-on vs. kdb-off to see is anything is explicitly being
> removed.

My guess was the the scsi __init functions were not getting called for some
reason, I have the System.map files for both builds but they both look OK (not
that I ful understand the kernel __init system though)

patrick