[parisc-linux] kdb_v21 branch updated to -pa26, and kallsyms cross-compile

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:49:54 -0700

> I think there are two maybe three places where kdb initializes
> certain structures during startup. I'm going to have to check
> those paths to see how far it gets before dying.
>
> Any comments from the crowd would be helpfull :)
>
> /me goes off to add some printk's and extra check

i've been offline for a bit so i might have missed something... but aiui
the symptom you've been seeing is that it hangs at the "If this is the
last message you see" message? has anyone tried to compile a kernel with
early bootup messages (there's a #define in pdc_cons.c to enable this)
and see if they get farther?

there are some debugging stuff that you can turn on in
arch/parisc/kernel/unwind.c ... that piece of code has caused some hangs
in the past, you might want to enable those printks as well.

randolph
--
   @..@                                         http://www.TauSq.org/
  (----)