[parisc-linux] x windows keybord problem on 715/33

Andreas Seltenreich s_selten@informatik.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 02:02:22 +0200

Hallo Dimitris,

* Dimitris Zilaskos <dzila@tassadar.physics.auth.gr> [2002-07-11 17:51]:
> I am trying to setup X windows in an 715/33 . I can start various Windows
> managers like wdm and xdm , but i cant get keys 'i' and 'o' to work (
> they work ok in console ).All other keys work ok .

I had the same symptoms with a german ps2 keyboard on a 712, just with other
keys beeing dead (<, > and |).

xev showed that X is getting keycodes from those keys, but they were
not alligned.
I changed the keycodes in /etc/X11/xkb/keycodes/xfree86 according to the
ones xev reported. I guess in your case you would have to change them to:

<AD08> = code reported for i
<AD09> = code reported for o

Could also be that the cause for your dead keys is another
and this hint totally useless.

regards,
	andreas