[parisc-linux] x windows keybord problem on 715/33

Dimitris Zilaskos dzila@tassadar.physics.auth.gr
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:50:40 +0300 (EEST)

 Hello ,

I am trying to setup X windows in an 715/33 . I can start various Windows
managers like wdm and xdm , but i cant get keys 'i' and 'o' to work (
they work ok in console ).All other keys work ok .

 I have the following lines in the XF86Config

   Option "XkbdRules" "xfree86"
   Option "XkbModel" "hphil"

 and in my  /etc/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86:
     hp = xfree86 pc(pc104)
     hphil = hp(hil) hp(hil)

 I am running 2.4.18-pa41 . Newer kernels till 54 either freeze my
keyboard or have ksoftirqd consume 100% cpu ( or both) . I am using a
serial  mouse for X . It works  most of the time but sometines the pointer
stops moving untill I press a key . Work ok under console though .

 Any advice how to make 'o' and 'i'  work ?

 Regards ,

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle Univercity of Thessaloniki , Greece