[parisc-linux] O_DIRECT on devices

Patrick Caulfield patrick@tykepenguin.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:35:09 +0100

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 11:09:31AM +0200, Rodolfo Baselli wrote:
> Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> >I'm currently working on LVM2 and we want to use O_DIRECT to write the
> >metadata
> >from userspace. so I open a partition with O_DIRECT and try to read/write
> >the
> >data from an aligned buffer.
>
> Hmmm, so is LVM ready for HP PA-RISC Linux? WOW!

LVM2 works fine - I use it all the time on my HP and Alpha boxes. O_DIRECT is an
optimisation I would like to have in there though cos it avoids a lot of
buffer-cache nastiness when clustering (yes, I'm working on that too but that
bit won't be GPLed)

> By the way, I'm reading right now "The catcher in the rye" by J.D.
> Salinger, and as I glanced at your 2nd name I felt like I was still
> reading the book! :-)))

:-)

If you were a pop-art expert you might have got even more deja-vu !
http://www.postershop.com/Caulfield-Patrick/Caulfield-Patrick-After-Lunch-2405657.html

I blame my parents...

patrick