[parisc-linux] Linux doesn't detect any hard drives

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 23:00:07 +0000

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 04:56:39PM +0100, Philipp Schulte wrote:
> I am trying to install parisc-linux 0.9.3 on a HP 735/99. I booted
> from CD and the installer told me that now disks were detected.
> In the boot console I see the CD-ROM mentioned as something like "P0
> scsi" and the disk as "P1  fwscsi". The disks works fine, HP-UX is
> installed and boots.
> It looks like Linux doesn't support the fwscsi-controller even though
> it should.

I don't know why you say `Linux should support the fwscsi-controller'.
It doesn't, and this is stated clearly on the 0.9.3 supported systems
page (http://www.parisc-linux.org/release-0.9/systems-093.html):

The not-yet-supported hardware
These systems currently have problems or lack hardware specific support to make them fully functional

    * Superdome, V and T class
    * K class
    * L3000,N class
    * E, F, G, H, I class