[parisc-linux] Linux doesn't detect any hard drives

Philipp Schulte pschulte@uni-duisburg.de
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 16:56:39 +0100

Hello,
I am trying to install parisc-linux 0.9.3 on a HP 735/99. I booted
from CD and the installer told me that now disks were detected.
In the boot console I see the CD-ROM mentioned as something like "P0
scsi" and the disk as "P1  fwscsi". The disks works fine, HP-UX is
installed and boots.
It looks like Linux doesn't support the fwscsi-controller even though
it should.
Does anyone know this problem and how to solve it?
Thanks a lot,
Phil

BTW: The problem with the boot console not responding was solved by
experimenting with the serial port parameters. Thanks for the help.