[parisc-linux] Problem with Samba on a D370

Peter Mottram peter@petescaff.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 13:38:22 +0100 (CET)

Herb

This is fixed in the latest Debian version of samba available in the
unstable/sid distribution.  The new version number of the samba packages
is: 2.2.2-4

This package doesn't yet appear to be built for hppa, but if you add an
appropriate deb-src line for sid in your sources.list file then you can
download and build the new samba packages using:

apt-get source samba --build

& then install the packages using 'dpkg -i'

Hope I'm not teaching grandma to suck eggs here.

Regards
PeteM

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Richard Hirst wrote:

[snip]