[parisc-linux] Problem with Samba on a D370

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:32:30 +0000

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 08:33:54PM -0500, Herb Radford wrote:
> OK, I'm trying to set up Samba on this D370 and have a small problem.
> SMBD daemon starts but fails with "failed to open /etc/samba/secrets.tdb".
> So I tried "strace -f smbd -D" and thats where I run out of knowledge!
> I'm including the strace output but to me it looks like something I read on
> the Samba mailing list archives while poking about for an answer. It seems
> that there was some problem with 64-bit vs. 32-bit parameters at one time
> (I think in 2.2-2 which is what my version is) and I hope someone can give
> me a few pointers. ;) I don't know if this is  a Samba problem or a Debian
> problem so I'll just ask!
>
> Do a search on secrets and the line in question is 8 lines later where
> fcntl returns EINVAL for a start of -84932400??? which is 0xfaf008d0,
> uncommonly similar to part of the LLSEEK parameter 2 line above.

"samba busted see #126763, hppa glibc problem with file locking"

Check that bug # on bugs.debian.org for more details.  There is a patch
to samba to avoid the glibc problem there, I think, but I havn't tried
it.

Richard