[parisc-linux] Problem with Samba on a D370

Peter Lavender plaven@bigpond.net.au
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 14:52:13 +1100

Peter,

> This package doesn't yet appear to be built for hppa, but if you add an
> appropriate deb-src line for sid in your sources.list file then you can
> download and build the new samba packages using:
>
> apt-get source samba --build
>
> & then install the packages using 'dpkg -i'
>
> Hope I'm not teaching grandma to suck eggs here.

You may be for Herb, but for those of us new to Debian, this is a great way
to learn something without having to ask first.  :)

What do you mean by an appropriate line in the sources.list?  Is it a link
to the location of the samba package?

Thanks,

Pete