[parisc-linux] palo not booting kernel

Yasholomew Yashinski yashy@mail.yashy.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:54:11 -0500 (EST)

 I completed a serial console cd-rom install, ignoring the kernel install
because of cd-rom detection issue (irony?). I booted off 0/vmlinux and
installed 2.4.16-32 via apt-get. Trying to reboot I get the following:

HARD Booted.
palo ipl 0.99 root@palinux Thu Jan 24 14:47:37 MST 2002

Partition Start(MB) End(MB) Id Type
1               1     244   82 swap
2             245     275   f0 Palo
3             276    8678   83 ext2

PALO(F0) partition contains:
    0/vmlinux32 3324993 bytes @ 0xf440000

Information: No console specified on kernel command line. This is normal.
PALO will choose the console currently used by firmware (serial).
Command line for kernel: 'root=/dev/sdb3 HOME=/ console=ttyS0 TERM=vt102
palo_ke
rnel=3/boot/vmlinux'
Selected kernel: /boot/vmlinux from partition 3
offset_read(2, 0x0006c824, 128, 1342193664) can't seek past 221249536
ext2_iget: read errorERROR: open /boot/vmlinux from partition 3 failed

 Also wondering how the Vis EG-PCI support is coming, is
parisc-linux-announce the best way to track this? Anxious to use graphics
console :)

 (I can send anyone interested the issues I've had to date installing
0.9.3 via cd-rom on the B1k).

 Kowtow,

--
Yashy