[parisc-linux] [REQUEST] PS/2 keyboard pinouts?

Thibaut VARENE varenet@esiee.fr
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:58:46 +0100

Le dimanche 10 f=E9vrier 2002, =E0 08:48 , Bob Radvanovsky a =E9crit :

> I recently picked up about 30+ 712 workstations, some of which will be
> converted to the Debian PA/Linux operating system.  I plan on =
importing
> the clusting software, Eddie, over to Debian and turning about 12+ of
> these 712 workstations into a gigantic Linux cluster.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have 30+ keyboards for all of these =
workstations.

> Anyone got any ideas on where I can get (1) pin descriptions as to how=20=

> bypass the "no keyboard, no bootup" problem on most of the HP
> workstations, and (2) where I might be able to get some PS/2 connector=20=

> make my own "headless" Linux cluster configuration.

Well, we had the same problem here, when we wanted to 'clusterize' a=20
bunch of 712.

You can find a solution by switching your 712 to serial console,=20
following the instructions found at:
http://lists.parisc-linux.org/hypermail/parisc-linux/0423.html

You need HP/UX ISL for that.

If you don't have it, you can download the following lifimage:
http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/build-tools/uxbootlf

and then using bootp with it...

Thibaut VARENE
PA/Linux ESIEE Team