[parisc-linux] Status of hp-ux binary compatibility?

Jes Sorensen jes@wildopensource.com
01 Oct 2001 11:51:37 -0400

Nathan> As far as I know, flexlm should be a pretty basic socket
Nathan> server, nothing fancy, other than it's retrieval of the HP
Nathan> host id, which I presume is just a syscall of some
Nathan> sort. Unfortunately, it does require use of shared lib libc
Nathan> since that's how it was linked.

Hmmm, admittedly I know little about the HPUX shared linker. However
even then I don't think it should be too big of a problem, provided
Linux/HPPA is able to map binaries at the same place as HPUX.

Jes