[parisc-linux] woody install on 720/50

Albert Strasheim fullung@ilink.nis.za
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 17:54:25 +0200

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

Hello all,

After applying Jurij's latest patch, and creating a new Debian bootdisk
lifimage with it, I booted it up and tried the Debian install again.

I tried a CD-ROM install first, but the installer refused to mount my
CD-ROM for some reason, even though it was detected as a possible device
to boot from.

Next I tried a network install using my i386 box (with co-ax network
card to connect to the 720) as a web server. According to the
access.log, the drivers.tgz and rescue.bin very retrieved without
problems. When it tried to extract the rescue.bin, it croaked with a=20
message saying "Bad address." When I tried to retrieve the images a
second time, the installer croaked.

The box still responds to pings, but not much else.

Any ideas on the "Bad address" problem?

Regards,

Albert

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ