[parisc-linux] Status of hp-ux binary compatibility?

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:40:47 -0500

> I really don't think it should be that much work to get the basics
> going, it might be a bit more to get more advanced applications up and
> running.
>
> I don't know anything really about the implementation of flexlm, but
> I'd say it should be doable with a limited effort. Time to get out
> that compiler and debugger and get hacking ;-)
>
> Cheers
> Jes

As far as I know, flexlm should be a pretty basic socket server, nothing
fancy, other than it's retrieval of the HP host id, which I presume is just
a syscall of some sort. Unfortunately, it does require use of shared lib
libc since that's how it was linked.

-- Nathan