[parisc-linux] Problem with FS of ESIEE on 720 !

marteau marteaut@esiee.fr
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:54:29 +0000

Hi Christoph and PA-RISCers !

>I have tried the current and the last ESIEE file system,
>but I have problems with both. I used my own kernel,
The kernels you will find are designed for 712 but it seems to work
many others boxes!
vmlinux.mou is a kernel that integrate the low level mouse driver!
(you can check via /proc/interrupts)

>running with the palinux-0.5, but the ESIEE always hangs.
>If I do not change the /dev/console, I get the warning...
>(of course, I have not compiled in the STI). So tried
>to set the `mknod console c 5 1' and I also tried the
>"hack" doing a link to `ttyS0'. In both cases `init'
I read what Matthew wrote. We goona look at it in order to be
automatic

>gives no welcome message (version, etc...) and the machine
>hangs !
Our inittab file is specific for dual screen (if you use STI console
and Serial terminal!)
I do not know how it reacts if the kernel expect a console with the
serail port :( Any idea?

Also you can refer to this mail:
http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2001-March/011997
.html

>Now I will instrument the kernel with `printk's to see,
>if he can start something,.....
You can but once init is launched the dmesg is less usefull.

>What's the topic with the TERM variable ??
TERM=LINUX is not operational
TERM=vt100 or pcansi are working!

>Have I set it to a special value ???
>Can that be the reason ???