[parisc-linux] Problem with FS of ESIEE on 720 !

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@alcatel.at
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:38:33 +0100

Hello PA-RISCers !

I have tried the current and the last ESIEE file system,
but I have problems with both. I used my own kernel,
running with the palinux-0.5, but the ESIEE always hangs.
If I do not change the /dev/console, I get the warning...
(of course, I have not compiled in the STI). So tried
to set the `mknod console c 5 1' and I also tried the
"hack" doing a link to `ttyS0'. In both cases `init'
gives no welcome message (version, etc...) and the machine
hangs !

Now I will instrument the kernel with `printk's to see,
if he can start something,.....

What's the topic with the TERM variable ??
Have I set it to a special value ???
Can that be the reason ???

Cheers
	Christoph P.