[parisc-linux] Problems compiling LVM

Torsten Neumann torsten@imke.infodrom.ffis.de
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:29:37 +0200

Hi,

the linux-lvm code was inspired by the hp-ux LVM. So I thougt it would be
real cool if the linux-lvm runs under hppa-linux.
Compiling the kernel with lvm support is no problem, the userspace tools
have some problems with gcc-3 (code uses #ifdef constructs in printf macro),
but then also compiles cleanly.

Now I want to create a VG but I only got the error message
imke kernel: pvcreate(188): unaligned access to 0x40067cf3 at ip=0x400310db
imke kernel: Not-handled unaligned insn 0x48350376
from the program pvcreate.
Could somebody tell what kind of problem this is. Is it a kernel problem or
a userspace problem ?
Is there a way to avoid this problem ?

  Torsten