[parisc-linux] Problems compiling LVM

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:36:15 +0200

Hi Torsten,

The problem is that your userspace program tries to do a direct 16 or 32-bit
read- or write-access to address 0x40067cf3 - which lies on a "unaligned
address" (e.g. not a a 32-bit boundary).
On Intel architectures this fault is automatically handled by the hardware,
while you get an unaligned access trap on parisc.

The first parisc-kernel which should handle this trap correctly is 2.4.0-pa39
(in CVS), so I would encourage you to update your kernel.

Greetings,
Helge