[parisc-linux] XFree86, sti bmode/wmode merge

Yves Bodack ybodack@stud.fh-heilbronn.de
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:51:25 +0200

Hi Thomas,

> I've greped the mailinglist archive, and didn't find anything, that
someone
> tried the Xfree86 server on parisc. So I did it and to my great surprise
> it worked out of the box with stifb (ok, I had to tweak XF86Config a
little
> bit). Right now the gecko (712/80) to my right display a more of less
> ugly Xserver with two Xterms and vtwm as window manager. That's pretty
> cool.

I was just trying to set up an xserver on my 712/60, but i'm not too
experienced in these things and failed. Could you give me some hints on what
you have installed and what the tweaking was, you did? Or may be, there is a
web ressource i havn't found yet.

Greetings,
Yves...